Skip to main content

Why those 42000 crorepatis don’t love Chidu anymore


“There is an affluent class in India that consumes imported luxury goods such as high end motor vehicles, motorcycles, yachts and similar vessels. I am sure they will not mind paying a little more,” he said with a smile. Believe me, the glass almost fell out of my hand, so I gulped the drink in one go.
Reuters
Reuters
More income tax ( a ten percent surcharge it seems) just because I make more than one crore per year. What rubbish I say. Just because I make more money than the average person why should I pay more tax? I already had a road named after me, what will Chidambaram do with all this tax?
Trying to make me feel better by saying that I will have to pay more income tax only for one year didn’t make me feel any better.
Then came the real hit. I was planing on getting myself that new Maserati but Chidambaram announced that I would have to pay 100 percent customs duty on an imported car as compared to 75 percent.
So now I actually have to pay two times the price of the car. I think I’ll stick with my Aston Martin for now.
I also wanted to buy my girlfriend a new SUV, the old one has to go. That Finance Minister raised the excise duty on that too by three percent. What he has against me I’ll never know.
A new Harley Davidson motorcycle will also have to wait. That is going to be become costlier by 15 percent and I’m going to be damned if I am going to spend that much on him.
That Chidambaram, has also raised taxes on the yachts from 10 to 25 percent. I have told my girlfriend to stop dreaming about sunning herself on that yacht I planned to get, and instead start using the verandah a little more.
And then came the ultimate blow. The Finance Minister raised taxed on my beloved Cuban cigars by 18 percent! I don’t know how much that works out to, I’ll have to ask the guy I get them from, but it sounds like a lot.
He even raised excise duty on mobile phones to 6 percent. Only mobile phones less than Rs 2,000 were spared. Who uses those cheapass phones anyway? Some farmers I am sure, but they don’t have mobile network anyway.
Well one thing’s for sure,  I’m not going for that lunch where this Finance Minister’s supposed to turn up. And if I do go, it will be with two eggs in my pocket to throw at Chidambaram. We 42,000 people who earn more than one crore a year don’t really love you right now. And that Azim Premji, I’ll have to deal with him too.

Comments

AUTHOR

My photo
shannomagan
To write on general topics and specially on films;THE BLOGS ARE DEDICATED TO MY PARENTS:SHRI M.B.L.NIGAM(January 7,1917-March 17,2005) and SMT.SHANNO DEVI NIGAM(November 23,1922-January24,1983)

Popular posts from this blog

भोजपुरी एक्ट्रेस त्रिशा कर मधु का MMS…सोशल मीडिया पर हुआ लीक

सोशल मीडिया पर भोजपुरी एक्ट्रेस और सिंगर त्रिशा कर मधु का MMS लीक हो गया है, जिससे वो बहुत आहत हैं, एक्ट्रेस ने सोशल मीडिया पर अपना दर्द बयां किया है, त्रिशा मधु ने इस बात को कबूल किया है कि वीडियो उन्होंने ही बनाया है लेकिन इस बात पर यकीन नहीं था कि उन्हें धोखा मिलेगा। गौरतलब है कि हाल ही में त्रिशा का सोशल मीडिया पर एक वीडियो वायरल हो रहा था जिसमें वह एक शख्स के साथ आपत्तिजनक स्थिति में नजर आ रही थीं। इस वीडियो के वायरल होने के बाद अभिनेत्री ने इसे डिलीट करने की गुहार लगाई साथ ही भोजपुरी इंडस्ट्री के लोगों पर उन्हें बदनाम करने की साजिश का आरोप लगाया। त्रिशा मधु कर ने अपने फेसबुक पेज पर एक वीडियो के साथ पोस्ट लिखा है जिसमें कहा, आप लोग बोल रहे हैं कि खुद वीडियो बनाई है। हां, हम दोनों ने वीडियो बनाया थ। पर मुझे ये नहीं मालूम था कि कल को मेरे साथ धोखा होने वाला है। कोई किसी को गिराने के लिए इतना नीचे तक गिर जाएगा, यह नहीं पता था। इससे पहले त्रिशा ने वायरल हो रहे वीडियो पर अपना गुस्सा जाहिर किया था और कहा था कि उनको बदनाम करने को साजिश की जा रही है। त्रिशा मधु कर ने सोशल मीडिया पर ए

राखी सावंत की सेक्सी वीडियो वायरल

बॉलीवुड की ड्रामा क्वीन राखी सावंत हमेशा अपनी अजीबो गरीब हरकत से सोशल मिडिया पर छाई रहती हैं। लेकिन इस बार वह अपनी बोल्ड फोटो के लिए चर्चे में हैं. उन्होंने हाल ही में एक बोल्ड फोटो शेयर की जिसमें वह एकदम कहर ढाह रही हैं. फोटो के साथ-साथ वह कभी अपने क्लीवेज पर बना टैटू का वीडियो शेयर करती हैं तो कभी स्नैपचैट का फिल्टर लगाकर वीडियो पोस्ट करती हैं. वह अपने अधिकतर फोटो और वीडियो में अपने क्लीवेज फ्लांट करती दिखती हैं. राखी के वीडियो को देखकर उनके फॉलोवर्स के होश उड़ जाते हैं. इसी के चलते उनकी फोटो और वीडियो पर बहुत सारे कमेंट आते हैं. राखी अपने बयानों की वजह से हमेशा सुर्खियों में रहती हैं.राखी अक्सर अपने रिलेशनशिप को लेकर हमेशा चर्चा में बनी रहतीं हैं. राखी कभी दीपक कलाल से शादी और लाइव हनीमून जैसे बयान देती हैं तो कभी चुपचाप शादी रचाकर फैंस को हैरान कर देती हैं. हंलाकि उनके पति को अजतक राखी के अलावा किसी ने नहीं देखा है. वह अपने पति के हाथों में हाथ डाले फोटो शेयर करती हैं लेकिन फोटो में पति का हाथ ही दिखता है, शक्ल नहीं. इतना ही नहीं सोशल मीडिया पर राखी जो भी शेयर करती हैं वह भी चर्चा

रानी चटर्जी की बोल्ड तस्वीरों ने हिलाया इंटरनेट

भोजपुरी इंडस्ट्री में अपने अलग अदांज से धाक जमाने वाली रानी चटर्जी अब तक 300 से ज्यादा फिल्में कर चुकी हैं. एक्ट्रेस की गिनती इंडस्ट्री की नामी एक्ट्रेस में होती है. उनकी हर अदा पर फैंस की नजर बनी रहती हैं. इस बीच वो अपनी लेटेस्ट फोटो के चलते चर्चा का विषय बन गई हैं. ऐसा पहली बार नहीं हुआ है जब उनकी किसी हॉट फोटो ने सोशल मीडिया पर धूम मचाई हो. बल्कि ऐसा हर बार देखने को मिलता है. वहीं इस बार भी एक्ट्रेस की नई तस्वीर को खूब पसंद किया जा रहा है. साथ वो इस नई तस्वीर में बेहद हॉट और बोल्ड नजर आ रही हैं. फोटो में रानी काफी प्यारी दिख रही है. तस्वीरों में रानी का स्टाइलिश अंदाज भी उनके फॉलोअर्स का ध्यान उनकी ओर खींच रहा है. रानी चटर्जी सोशल मी़डिया पर भी काफी एक्टिव रहती हैं और अपनी हॉट सेक्सी फोटो वीडियो फैंस के साथ शेयर करती रहती हैं. वहीं उनके फैंस भी उनकी नई अपडेट पर नजर बनाए बैठे रहते हैं. अक्सर रानी के बोल्ड फोटो सोशल मीडिया पर ट्रेंड करते नजर आते हैं. हाल ही में रानी के नए लुक ने इंटरनेट को हिला दिया है. इस फोटो में रानी लाल रंग की ड्रेस में नजर आ रही हैं. इस ड्रेस में रानी अपने सेक्सी